Setting a Default Printer on Windows 10
This guide provides universal steps for users to set a default printer on their Windows computers, applicable to any printer brand.
Access Windows Settings:
- Click on the start menu icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- Click on the Cog Wheel icon on the left side of the start menu to open Windows Settings.
Navigate to Printers:
- In the Windows Settings window, select Devices.
- Choose Printers & Scanners from the left-hand column.
Disable Automatic Printer Management:
- Scroll to the bottom of the printer list.
- Uncheck the option for Let Windows manage my default printer.
Set Default Printer:
- Find and click on the printer you wish to make the default.
- Click on Manage.
- Under Printer status, select Set as Default.
Complete the Process:
- Close the Settings window.
These steps will assist users in setting a specific printer as their default on a Windows computer, ensuring consistency in their printing activities.
How to set Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC your default PDF program
Microsoft Edge is the default program for opening PDF files on Windows 10. In four easy steps, you can set Acrobat DC or Acrobat Reader DC your default PDF program. Steps to make Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC your default PDF program: ...
WIFI Printer Offline
The printer had lost connection to the WIFI. Power cycling did not resolve the issue. Using the menu on the printer to run through the WIFI connection wizard resolved the issue.
Set Chrome as your default web browser
Windows 11 On your computer, click the Start menu . Click Settings . Click Apps Default Apps. Click Google Chrome. Under each file type or link type you want to change, click the current setting. For the best Chrome experience on Windows 11, be sure ...
Turn off "Send PDF as Adobe cloud storage link"
To send the PDF as an email attachment by default, disable the "Send link in attach to email (Sign-in required)" option in Acrobat Preferences. Open Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro Go to Edit > Preferences > Email accounts in Acrobat or ...
OneDrive Backup and Recovery
Using Files and folders, you can set up backup and recovery service for a local OneDrive directory. On Windows 10, you must disable the Files On-Demand feature in OneDrive to successfully backup all OneDrive files. When the feature is on, the ...